Meghan Markle and Prince Harry savaged by brutal joke at very public event

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry weren’t in attendance at this event but they still caused a stir with the star-studded audience.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry savaged by brutal joke | Royal | News |  Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry found themselves at the centre of a brutal joke at the Golden Globes Awards ceremony.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex weren’t at one of the film and TV industries’ key award season events back in January.

But that didn’t stop host, Jo Koy, joking about the couple during his opening introduction at the ceremony held at a lavish hotel in Beverly Hills.

That year saw Succession scoop Best TV Series with the hit drama’s Sarah Snook and Kieran Culkin winning best actress and actor in a TV series respectively.

Koy said: “Succession has nine nominations… [It’s] just a great series about a rich, white, dysfunctional family, all-scheming – no that’s The Crown, that’s The Crown, I’m sorry.”

He went on to praise actor Imelda Staunton’s performance as Elizabeth II in the hit Netflix series, going on to say: “Her portrayal of the Queen was so good Prince Harry called her and asked her for money.”

The comedian continued: “Turns out Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were still getting paid millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing, and that’s just by Netflix.”

After the quip the camera panned to Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, who appeared to be laughing along.

Koy’s joke came after a busy and turbulent 12 months for Harry and Meghan, with the release of the Duke’s memoir, Spare, and the end of the couple’s Spotify deal.

Their docu-series, Harry & Meghan, had also aired on the streaming service in December 2022, leading to a nomination for a Hollywood Critics Award.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Colombia

Host Jo Kay mocked Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Harry and Meghan: Duchess had interview meltdown claims expert | Royal |  News | Express.co.uk
Kay said Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got paid millions for ‘doing absolutely nothing’ 

But the Sussexes’ series missed out at the Emmy awards, receiving no nominations. David Beckham and Victoria Beckham’s documentary scooped five nominations in comparison.

Since the Golden Globes, Harry and Meghan have continued their media work, with two Netflix shows in the pipeline – one about cooking and the other on a US polo championship.

Harry and Meghan signed a multi-year deal with Netflix after they stepped down as senior members of the Royal Family in 2020 and moved to California.

Meghan will curate the lifestyle show, acting as executive producer for that programme as well as sharing the same role with Harry for the polo programme, which follows the US Open Polo Championship.

The Daily Mail reported in August that the cookery show would be released some time in 2025, suggesting it had been delayed by trademark issues with the Duchess’s American Riviera Orchard venture.

Related Posts

SHOCKING EXIT: Jimmy Kimmel Drops Bombshell—‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Ends, He’s Bolting to Canada for Good! 🌟

In a jaw-dropping revelation that has left the entertainment world reeling, late-night TV legend Jimmy Kimmel has announced that “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” will officially end on January 20—but that’s not all. Kimmel also…

Patrick Mahomes & Brittany Matthews Share First Close-Up Pic of Their Baby Girl! But Fans Are Shocked by a Strange Condition… 

Kansas City Chiefs superstar Patrick Mahomes and his wife, Brittany Matthews, have finally shared the first close-up photo of their newborn baby girl, and while the internet was buzzing with excitement, the conversation…

Fox News Shocker: Kennedy Montgomery’s Cryptic Message to Kat Timpf on Gutfeld! Leaves Fans Baffled! 🌟💥

**Kennedy Montgomery Sends Heartfelt Message to Kat Timpf Amid Cancer Battle**In a touching display of camaraderie and support, Fox News star Kennedy Montgomery has stepped in to…

Rihanna WARNS Tyla for Stealing Her Song and Copying Her Look: A Story of Artistic Integrity

The music industry has seen its fair share of feuds, but when a global icon like Rihanna speaks up, the world listens. And this time, the Fenty Beauty mogul and…

Donna Gushes Over Taylor’s iHeartRadio Win—Calls Her ‘My Daughter’ & Jokes Travis Is ‘Naughty’

It’s official—Donna Kelce is all in when it comes to Taylor Swift! The proud mother of Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce couldn’t contain her excitement after Taylor’s record-breaking…

KAROLINA PROTSENKO TAKES OVER AMERICA’S GOT TALENT STAGE: From Violin to DANCE—Her Spontaneous Performance Will Leave You SPEECHLESS!

Music fans know Karolina Protsenko as a violin prodigy, mesmerizing crowds with her soulful, emotionally charged performances on the streets and social media. But no one expected…