Defiant Prince Andrew ‘vows to stay in Royal Lodge’ despite King Charles axing his yearly £1million allowance

PRINCE Andrew appeared defiant yesterday as sources said he has vowed to stay put in the Royal Lodge despite the King cutting off his yearly allowance.

The Duke of York, 64, was seen driving near his 30-room home in Windsor Great Park after it was revealed that his brother Charles has reportedly removed his £1 million-a-year budget.

Prince Andrew appeared defiant as sources said he has vowed to stay put in the Royal Lodge despite the King cutting off his yearly allowance
3

Prince Andrew appeared defiant as sources said he has vowed to stay put in the Royal Lodge despite the King cutting off his yearly allowanceCredit: Getty

The Duke of York was seen driving near his 30-room home in Windsor Great Park
3

The Duke of York was seen driving near his 30-room home in Windsor Great Park

Charles has reportedly removed his brother's £1 million-a-year budget
3

Charles has reportedly removed his brother’s £1 million-a-year budgetCredit: Doug Seeburg
A source told The Sun on Sunday that Andrew, who was stripped of his roles and patronages by his mother after forking out millions to settle Virginia Giuffre’s sex claims case, is refusing to budge from the palatial house.

They said: “Prince Andrew is holding firm and is determined to stay in the Royal Lodge.

“He is insistent that he has the funds to pay for his own security, despite the eyewatering seven-figure sum it is reportedly costing him.

“He is no longer a financial burden on the King and sees no reason why he should have to move from his home.”

Royal writer Robert Hardman claims in his new book that Charles, 75, has instructed the Keeper of the Privy Purse to completely remove financial ties with his scandal-hit brother.

The Sun on Sunday previously revealed Charles had laid off the Royal Lodge’s ten-strong security team.

It is understood Andrew will have to pay out of his own pocket for the upkeep of his property, including his security, the protection of works of art and furniture borrowed from the Royal Collection.

Hardman also alleges the late Queen would have reluctantly booted disgraced Andrew out of Royal Lodge and into Frogmore Cottage if she were still alive.

It is understood plans were being drawn up to remove her rumoured favourite from his Windsor home in 2023, the year after her death.

In one incident from 2016, Hardman claims that the Duke of York rammed the gates of the historic property with his Range Rover when they were broken, rather than drive round and use another entrance.

It has also been claimed that he would insist that any “personal friends” of the Duke would not need security clearance to enter the estate – which is how the BBC Newsnight team got in to record his infamous interview.

The latest claims are in an updated edition of Charles III: New King. New Court. The Inside Story.

Related Posts

Beauty in Black Ignites Season 3 Fury: Kimmie’s Throne Awaits as Horace’s Grip Crushes Family Betrayal – Will She Reign or Burn?

As the glittering facade of Atlanta’s cosmetics empire crumbles under the weight of secrets and sabotage, Tyler Perry’s Beauty in Black storms into Season 3 with unyielding…

TERRIFYING NTSB PHOTOS REVEAL ENGINE RIPPING OFF MID-AIR – But Was UPS Ignoring Cracks That Could Have Saved 14 Lives?

In a gut-wrenching release that’s sending shockwaves through the aviation world, federal investigators have unveiled never-before-seen photos capturing the horrifying instant an entire engine tore free from…

“THEY WERE SEEN 1 KM AWAY WITH A DARK SUV WAITING” – New Witness DESTROYS Police Timeline in Jack & Lilly Case.

The quiet woods of Pictou County have always whispered secrets, but none as haunting as the ones surrounding the disappearance of Lilly and Jack Sullivan. Six months…

Princess Diana’s Chilling Death Prophecy: Secret Letter Foretold Paris Crash – Was the Palace Hiding a Royal Assassination Plot?

It is 25 years since Diana, Princess of Wales died in a car crash in Paris. The princess was travelling from the Ritz hotel with her partner…

Shocking Yacht Rendezvous Exposed: Meghan’s Forbidden Link to Disgraced Prince Andrew – What Dark Secrets Did the Receipts Unleash? 😲

For years, the British monarchy has weathered storms of scandal, from divorces to Epstein entanglements, but nothing quite matches the seismic eruption now ripping through Buckingham Palace’s…

Disgraced Andrew’s Yacht Bacchanal Bombshell: Title-Stripped Royal Revels in Lavish Seas Amid Family Exile – Who’s the Enigmatic Siren Stealing the Spotlight?

In the glittering yet treacherous waters of the Mediterranean, Andrew Mountbatten Windsor—once the scandal-plagued Prince Andrew—has traded his tarnished crown for the hedonistic haze of superyacht soirees….