Prince Harry’s personal mission to bring his family back to the UK – exclusive report

The Duke of Sussex recently won a huge privacy battle in landmark case against The Sun publisher.

Prince Harry looking serious

For the Duke of Sussex, this was personal. He had vowed to make his crusade against the newspapers that harmed him and those closest to him his “life’s work”.

So while he didn’t have his day in court, the apology and eight-figure payout he accepted for “serious intrusion” into his private life and that of his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, will have brought some closure last week.

Prince Harry alongside David Sherborne© Getty Images
Prince Harry had a similar trial in 2023 against the Mirror Group

“It’s just wonderful that Harry fought for – and gained – an apology to his mother,” his uncle Earl Spencer said afterwards adding, “She would be incredibly touched at that and rightly proud.”

The Duke’s settlement with News Group Newspapers has also left him free to focus on his next move.

He had been due to take the witness stand in mid-February, straight off the back of the 2025 Vancouver-Whistler Invictus Games, but can instead head home to be with Meghan, Prince Archie, five, and Princess Lilibet, three.

His legal battles are far from over however, with Harry now focused on taking the fight for his family’s protection to court in April.

And his next case that may prove decisive in his relationship with his father King Charles.

Charles and Harry wearing tuxedos© Getty
Charles shared a birthday tribute to Harry in September

Harry’s lawyers will appeal a High Court judgement upholding a Home Office decision to downgrade his security provision in the UK when he stepped back as a senior working royal in 2020.

A friend tells HELLO! “The goal for Prince Harry is simple.

He wants to ensure the safety of himself and his family while in the UK so his children can know his home country and so he can help support his patronages and their important work.”

Harry has not brought his children to the UK since the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022, meaning the King has met his youngest granddaughter Lilibet only once in person.

Harry is said to believe his father should intervene on his behalf to have his full protection reinstated, but sources close to the King have said it would be “wholly inappropriate” for him to challenge a Government decision.

So could the stalemate finally be broken in the High Court this Spring?

If the Duke were able to successfully appeal the ruling on his security, it could pave the way for him to build bridges with his father and bring his children back to visit.

“The next case is fundamentally important to him in terms of his family,” says a source who has known Harry for many years.

meghan markle prince archie princess lilibet montecito home© Instagram
It has been some time since the children were in the UK

Last week’s court victory, while unrelated to the next one, will no doubt have boosted his morale.

“It’s not quite the end of the story for him, but it’s a major chapter that’s been closed and dealt with,” adds the source.

It also came as a silver lining in a very challenging week for the Duke and Duchess.

The settlement came amid fresh scrutiny of him and wife Meghan in the United States after a bruising 8,000-word profile of them in Vanity Fair, the magazine dubbed America’s “celebrity bible”.

Harry and Meghan live in Montecito© AFP via Getty Images
Harry and Meghan live in Montecito

It included sources who have been part of their new life describing the Duchess as a difficult employer, others outlining setbacks in the couple’s professional lives and even complaints from fellow residents of Montecito about the unwanted attention now directed at their town as a result of their royal neighbours.

The takedown landed days after Meghan was forced to postpone the launch of her new Netflix lifestyle series With love, Meghan, until March 4 to “focus on the needs of those impacted by the wildfires” in her home state of California.

Meghan Markle in her rented kitchen where she filmed her Netflix show, With Love, Meghan© Netflix
Meghan Markle in her rented kitchen where she filmed her Netflix show, With Love, Meghan

HELLO! understands that a series of new podcast episodes from Meghan has also been pushed back as a result.

She and Harry instead set out to do what they would almost certainly have done in their former life as working royals, dishing out hugs to console those fleeing the fires and handing out food parcels in Pasadena.

“They just want to help,” a source told HELLO!, after photographs of their outing were met with accusations of a PR stunt.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle helped at the Pasadena Convention Centre
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle helped at the Pasadena Convention Centre

Undeterred, Meghan made a further visit to deliver lunch and beauty products to Altadena Girls Fire Recovery, while Harry was pictured meeting firefighters in Salinas just ahead of his court settlement.

But it seems there is still some work to do to counter the recent damage to their brand.

Related Posts

Sophie Chandauka’s Power Move: Prince Harry Booted from Sentebale—Has Meghan’s Cash Pipeline Dried Up? 👑💥

In a twist that shocked absolutely no one, Prince Harry has bailed on Sentebale, the charity he co-founded nearly 20 years ago. The reason? A controversy so…

Meghan Markle’s Stunning Makeover Mystery: Nose Job, Eye Lift, or Royal Magic? The Debate Explodes! 🌟💥

  Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has long been a subject of public fascination—not just for her royal journey or acting career, but also for her…

Inside the $65 Million Private Jets of Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos – A Look at the Ultra-Luxurious Gulfstream G650ER

When you think of the world’s richest billionaires—Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos—you probably imagine their high-tech businesses, massive fortunes, and, of course, their extravagant lifestyles….

Elon Musk Says He’s Shocked at the Level of Tesla Hate and Vandalism: ‘I’ve Never Done Anything Harmful’

Elon Musk is no stranger to controversy, but even he was caught off guard by the wave of hostility, vandalism, and outright destruction directed at Tesla and its vehicles….

Prince William’s Explosive Revenge Unleashed: New TV Show with Meghan’s Loudest Hater Deals a Crushing Blow to the Duchess—Royal War Just Got Juicier! 👑💥

Prince William is stirring the pot with a surprising move that’s got royal fans talking. The future King is reportedly set to appear on a TV show…

Elon Musk: Living the Simple Life While Changing the World

Elon Musk is a name synonymous with innovation, ambition, and wealth. As the billionaire CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and X (formerly Twitter), he has built an empire…