Meghan Markle wants Prince Harry to ‘let go’ of lawsuits and ‘be free’: report

Meghan Markle wants Prince Harry to 'let go' of lawsuits and 'be free':  report

Meghan Markle is ready for her husband, Prince Harry, to leave all the royal drama behind them.

A former employee of the couple’s Archewell Foundation told People the Duchess of Sussex, 42, “supports Harry 100 percent” but “wishes he could let go of these lawsuits, be happy and live in the moment.”

“She wants him to live in a world where he is not burdened by this.”

The Duke of Sussex, 39, has been fighting to have his and his family’s taxpayer-funded police protection detail reinstated since it was stripped from them when he and Markle quit their royal duties in 2020 and relocated to North America.

In February 2022, the “Spare” author insisted that he did not “feel safe” in the UK because his wife and kids, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, had “been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Nigeria in 2024.
When Markle and the Duke of Sussex quit the royal family in 2020, their security detail in the UK was stripped.Anadolu via Getty Images

Prince Harry heading into court in June 2023.
Harry has been fighting to have his and his family’s taxpayer-funded police protection detail reinstated.REUTERS

However, in February, London’s High Court ruled that Harry and his immediate family would not be able to use tax-funded security when they travel across the pond.

The Invictus Games founder reportedly plans to appeal the decision.

A source told Page Six that the security issue is keeping the royal from mending his relationship with his father, King Charles III, whom he believes has the power to restore it.

“King Charles can give Harry the security clearance he wants so desperately. As the monarch, he is the ultimate decision maker. That would be how father and son can reconcile,” a royal source told us last week.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with their two children.
In February, London’s High Court ruled the “Spare” author and his immediate family would not be able to use tax-funded security when they traveled to the UK.Alexi Lubomirski / Duke and Duch

Prince Harry attending the Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service in May 2024.
He is planning to appeal the decision.AP

Due to the lack of security, Harry believes it’s “still dangerous” to take his wife and kids to the UK.

“All it takes is one lone actor, one person who reads this stuff to act on what they have read,” he said on ITV’s documentary “Tabloids on Trial” last week.

“And whether it’s a knife or acid, whatever it is, and these are things that are of genuine concern for me. It’s one of the reasons why I won’t bring my wife back to this country.”

Harry may have taken heed to his wife’s advice to let some of the legal drama go, as he dropped his libel lawsuit against UK publisher the Mail on Sunday.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Lagos in 2024.
Without that security, Harry believes it’s “still dangerous” to take his wife and kids to his homeland.AFP via Getty Images

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and King Charles III on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in 2018.
A source exclusively told Page Six the security issue is keeping Harry from mending his relationship with his father, King Charles III, whom he believes has the power to restore it.Getty Images

At the time a spokesperson for the dad of two told Page Six that he wanted to focus on his security detail lawsuit.

“His focus remains there, and on the safety of his family, rather than these legal proceedings that give a continued platform to the Mail’s false claims all those years ago,” the rep told us.

Harry was initially suing the Mail on Sunday over the paper’s claims he lied about offering to pay for his own police protection in the UK.

Related Posts

After twenty years Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock are finally back together on screen leaks send fans wild 🎥🔥

In the ever-evolving landscape of Hollywood, few pairings evoke as much nostalgia and excitement as Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. The duo, who first captivated audiences in…

🔥👦 He’s only 12 — but in the middle of chaos and flames, this seventh grader made a choice that stunned firefighters 🚒

In the quiet town of Petersburg, Virginia, a 12-year-old seventh grader named Romir Parker became an unlikely hero on a fateful morning in June 2025. What began…

💥⚡ Wizarding World Erupts! Paapa Essiedu Slams Casting Bias as ‘Pure Evil’—Rupert Grint Dragged Into Explosive Feud 😱👀

In a blistering showdown that’s ripping through the Harry Potter fandom like a rogue Bludger, acclaimed Black actor Paapa Essiedu – freshly cast as the brooding Professor…

Keanu Reeves Officially Cast as Silver Surfer in Marvel’s Avengers: Doomsday — Fans Call It the Perfect Match of Actor and Hero, Promising a Performance That Could Redefine Comic Book Movies

In a revelation that’s sending shockwaves through Hollywood and igniting the passions of Marvel fans worldwide, Keanu Reeves has expressed a profound interest in joining the Marvel…

🌟🐾 Superman Off Screen: Henry Cavill Builds ‘Dogtopia,’ a Healing Haven for Abused Dogs — And His Opinions Will Melt Your Heart 🐕🌹

In an astonishing revelation that has sent shockwaves through both Hollywood and animal welfare circles, Henry Cavill, the beloved actor known for his iconic roles as Superman…

“😭🏅 She Did It! Emily Compagno Crosses the NYC Marathon Finish Line. Raising $150,000 for Kids and Inspiring a Nation With Every Stride 😭❤️

In a world often dominated by headlines of division and despair, Emily Compagno has once again proven herself a beacon of hope and resilience. The Fox News…