“I did far more than just write the episodes”: Beau DeMayo Reveals the Real Work He’s Done in X-Men ‘97 as Fans Demand Marvel to Reinstate Him in Future

Beau DeMayo’s contribution to X-Men ’97 wasn’t limited to writing.

xmen 97

Upon premiering on Disney Plus, X-Men ’97, a continuation of the iconic X-Men: The Animated Series from the ’90s, became a huge success for Marvel, thanks to Beau DeMayo. DeMayo, who previously served as a writer in The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, hit it out of the park with the animated series, which has been lauded for its impeccable writing and unique art style.

Reasonably, fans have been imploring Disney to rehire Beau DeMayo, who was fired from the show. While the writer hasn’t spoken on the matter yet, he did open up about his input in the acclaimed series.

Beau DeMayo Was More Than Just a Writer on X-Men ‘97

Beau DeMayo's X-Men '97

A still from X-Men ’97

Just days before X-Men ’97 premiered, THR broke the news that showrunner Beau DeMayo had been fired by Marvel, leaving both fans and his co-workers shocked. While no parties have commented on the matter yet, Industry Insider Jeff Sneider reported that it was because DeMayo was “difficult to work with”. Even though nothing can be said for certain about Marvel’s decision to fire the showrunner, DeMayo did succeed in crafting a worthy continuation of the iconic ’90s animated show.

While the showrunner penned the show’s narrative, it wasn’t the lone department he contributed to. DeMayo revealed that being a showrunner, which is the equivalent of a director in a film, he was also the main creative lead for the show.

X-Men '97 showrunner Beau Demayo

Beau Demayo

He also commended his co-workers for trusting his vision for the animated series, which has been a huge critical success for the industry giant.

Even though the show has been greenlit for more seasons, fans have been hoping for the original showrunner to get reinstated for future seasons.

Fans Demand Beau DeMayo’s Return as a Third Season of X-Men ‘97 Gets Greenlit

Not long after Beau DeMayo’s firing, the search for his replacement in the sequel began. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, producer Brad Winderbaum revealed that they’ve already started working on the sequel.

Beau DeMayo's X-Men '97, a continuation of X-Men: The Animated Series

A still from X-Men ’97

He said:

“I’ve now seen versions of animatics for the entire second season… Obviously, when you’re in that stage, there’s a lot of work to do. It’s editorial, but it’s also still iterative because there’s still story to be worked out when you put it on its feet in that way. We’re going to start development on the third season very soon. And, yeah, we’re trying to figure out who is going to be that voice on the page, but luckily — that’s going to come as a surprise — there’s many talented X-Men fans, excellent writers.”

While a release window for the sequel is yet to be released, Winderbaum recently confirmed that a third season is also on the card. However, fans aren’t quite thrilled that the show will move forward without the original showrunner onboard, who was responsible for the show’s impeccable quality in the first place.





With season 2 already deep into production, it seems Disney is persisting with its decision to move forward without Demayo. But with a third season now on the card, fans will hope things eventually work out between him and the House of the Mouse, and The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf writer can go back to creating bangers.

X-Men ’97 is available to stream on Disney Plus.

Related Posts

SHOCKING EXIT: Jimmy Kimmel Drops Bombshell—‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Ends, He’s Bolting to Canada for Good! 🌟

In a jaw-dropping revelation that has left the entertainment world reeling, late-night TV legend Jimmy Kimmel has announced that “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” will officially end on January 20—but that’s not all. Kimmel also…

Patrick Mahomes & Brittany Matthews Share First Close-Up Pic of Their Baby Girl! But Fans Are Shocked by a Strange Condition… 

Kansas City Chiefs superstar Patrick Mahomes and his wife, Brittany Matthews, have finally shared the first close-up photo of their newborn baby girl, and while the internet was buzzing with excitement, the conversation…

Fox News Shocker: Kennedy Montgomery’s Cryptic Message to Kat Timpf on Gutfeld! Leaves Fans Baffled! 🌟💥

**Kennedy Montgomery Sends Heartfelt Message to Kat Timpf Amid Cancer Battle**In a touching display of camaraderie and support, Fox News star Kennedy Montgomery has stepped in to…

Rihanna WARNS Tyla for Stealing Her Song and Copying Her Look: A Story of Artistic Integrity

The music industry has seen its fair share of feuds, but when a global icon like Rihanna speaks up, the world listens. And this time, the Fenty Beauty mogul and…

Donna Gushes Over Taylor’s iHeartRadio Win—Calls Her ‘My Daughter’ & Jokes Travis Is ‘Naughty’

It’s official—Donna Kelce is all in when it comes to Taylor Swift! The proud mother of Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce couldn’t contain her excitement after Taylor’s record-breaking…

KAROLINA PROTSENKO TAKES OVER AMERICA’S GOT TALENT STAGE: From Violin to DANCE—Her Spontaneous Performance Will Leave You SPEECHLESS!

Music fans know Karolina Protsenko as a violin prodigy, mesmerizing crowds with her soulful, emotionally charged performances on the streets and social media. But no one expected…