How Meghan Markle insists on being addressed is revealed by new Invictus Games CEO

How Meghan Markle insists on being addressed revealed by new Invictus Games  CEO

The newly appointed CEO of the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler 2025 has revealed how he was told to address Meghan Markle ahead of their first meeting earlier this year.

Scott Moore, who landed the gig ahead of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s trip to Canada in February, received advice that strayed from the usual protocol for addressing former senior members of the royal family.

“I did make sure to ask how I should be addressing them when they get here,” Moore previously shared, via the Mirror.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, attending the One Year To Go Winter Training Camp for the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler 2025 in Whistler, British Columbia
The newly appointed CEO of the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistler 2025 has revealed how he was told to address Meghan Markle ahead of their first meeting

Moore was informed that a simple “Ma’am” is fine. He was also told to address Prince Harry as “Sir.”

The guidance differed to how male members of the Firm are to be addressed upon first meeting. Typically, male royals are first addressed “Your Royal Highness,” followed by “Sir.”

Meanwhile, female members of the royal family are addressed as “Your Royal Highness,” followed by “Ma’am.”

However, the Sussexes sensationally quit royal life in 2020 and moved to the US. The move prompted them to lose their HRH titles.

Scott Moore, CEO of Invictus Games, smiling in a red shirt
Scott Moore landed the CEO gig ahead of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s trip to Canada in February

This means that the couple now can’t be addressed as “Your Royal Highness,” though the pair have held on to their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles.

The choice for Harry and the “Suits” alum, 43, to be addressed with formal titles is a stark contrast to the duke’s stance back in 2020.

During a tourism conference in Edinburgh at the time, the father of two famously insisted on informality, and even told that to the event’s host, Ayesha Hazarika.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex standing on snow at the Invictus Games Vancouver Whistlers 2025's Winter Training Camp event
In February, the duo joined members of the participating nations’ Winter Training Camp at the “One Year to Go” event

“He’s made it clear that we are all just to call him Harry,” she told the audience at the time, per BBC News.

During their trip to Vancouver in February, the Sussexes spent Valentine’s Day on the snowy slopes.

The duo joined members of the participating nations’ Winter Training Camp at the “One Year to Go” event.

The camp, held over a period of three days, provided an opportunity for members of the international Invictus community to try their hand at winter sports ahead of next year’s Invictus Games.

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, applauding during the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023

The 2025 Invictus Games will take place in Canada from Feb. 8 to Feb. 16 — which comes 18 months after the 2023 event held in Germany.

At last year’s games, Markle hinted that the pair will bring their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, to the next event.

Related Posts

Princess Anne Drops a Bombshell: Late Queen Elizabeth’s Secret Prophecy About Catherine Stuns William and Charles! 👑💥

  Princess Catherine of Wales has revealed a well containing a prophecy from Queen Elizabeth II about her future role within the monarchy. The prophecy suggests that…

Richard Gere Called Elon Musk an ‘Idiot’ at the 2025 Oscars—And Musk’s Reaction Left Everyone Stunned!

The 2025 Academy Awards were expected to be a glamorous night of celebration, recognizing the finest talents in Hollywood. But what no one saw coming was a shocking on-stage moment involving Richard…

Meghan Markle and Gwyneth Paltrow Team Up in Instagram Video, Shutting Down Rivalry Rumors and ‘Lifestyle Queen’ War Talk! 🌟💥

MEGHAN Markle and Gwyneth Paltrow have appeared together in an Instagram video as the pair denied their alleged rivalry. Rumours had been circling that the pair were in…

New Prince Archie Photo Drops: Proof He’s Prince Harry’s Mini-Me in Two Heart-Melting Ways! 👑💥

(Image credit: Getty Images/Instagram/aseverofficial/meghan) By Amy Mackelden published yesterday inNews As Prince Archie gets older, he’s becoming even more like his dad, Prince Harry. And in a new photo shared by Meghan…

Elon Musk’s INSANE Inventions That Are Coming in 2025

Elon Musk is not just a billionaire—he’s a visionary, a disruptor, and a mad genius who constantly pushes the boundaries of science and technology. While the world is still…

Inside Prince Harry’s Explosive Sentebale Feud: From ‘Unthinkable Infighting’ to Stunning ‘Cover-Up’ Allegations – The Drama Unraveled! 💥👑

  PRINCE Harry has been in a blistering row with the boss of his charity Sentebale after he sensationally quit the trust. The Duke of Sussex, 40,…