Trump once said he would expel royal burden Harry and Meghan Markle, this is the final deadline

The Duke of Sussex is the subject of a lawsuit about whether he lied about past illegal drug use on his US immigration forms

President Donald Trump on Friday said that he isn’t interested in deporting Prince Harry, who famously left Britain with his wife, Meghan Markle, in 2020, eventually settling in Montecito, California.

The Duke of Sussex is in hot water after conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation filed a lawsuit last year against the Department of Homeland Security to have his immigration records released following Harry admitting to illegal drug use in the past in his 2023 memoir “Spare.”

“I don’t want to do that,” Trump told the New York Post on Friday after being asked if he would deport the royal. “I’ll leave him alone. He’s got enough problems with his wife. She’s terrible.”

Markle has criticized Trump in the past, calling him “misogynistic” and “divisive” during a TV appearance ahead of the 2016 election.  Split of Trump and Harry and Meghan

In 2019, before a state visit to the U.K. during his first term as president, Trump called the Duchess of Sussex “nasty” over her remarks about him.

He then went on to meet with the royal family during the visit, minus Markle, who was with newborn Archie at the time.

He also told Piers Morgan in 2022 that Harry was “whipped like no person he had ever seen.”

The Heritage Foundation in its lawsuit says that Harry may have lied on his immigration forms about his past drug use or was given preferential treatment by the government and called on the records to be released.

“I’ll be urging the president to release Prince Harry’s immigration records and the president does have that legal authority to do that,” Nile Gardiner of the Heritage Foundation previously told the New York Post.

Harry and Meghan at the Invictus Games

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle enjoy the opening ceremony at the Invictus Games in Vancouver, Canada, on Saturday.  ( Karwai Tang/WireImage)

“It’s important because this is an issue of the rule of law, transparency and accountability. No one should be above the law,” Gardiner added. “Donald Trump is ushering in a new era of strict border control enforcement, and you know, Prince Harry should be held fully to account as he has admitted to extensive illegal drug use.”

This week a federal judge said he is “likely” to release Harry’s immigration files after the first hearing in the royal’s high-profile case since Trump took office.

U.S. District Court Judge Carl J. Nichols said Harry’s files should be released “to the maximum extent possible,” during Wednesday’s hearing in Washington, D.C., according to a report from the New York Post, with the judge reasoning that he is “required to make public everything that can be made public” but would take care not to violate any privacy laws.

Last year during the campaign, Trump told Nigel Farage in an interview that the government would have to take the “appropriate action” if Harry was found to have lied on his immigration forms, but didn’t explicitly say he would seek to deport him.

Copies of Prince Harry's memoir Spare on a top of a table

Prince Harry admitted to past illegal drug use in his memoir “Spare.”  (Getty Images)

Trump also accused the Biden administration of “protecting” Harry, saying in a separate interview with the Daily Express in February 2024 “I wouldn’t protect him. He betrayed the Queen. That’s unforgivable. He would be on his own if it was down to me.”

On Friday, Trump conversely praised Prince William, with whom Harry has a long-running feud, as a “great young man.”

Trump recently met with William in December in Paris when the two attended the reopening of the Notre Dame cathedral following its devastating fire.

Related Posts

Disney sued the Oscars because of Snow White, Rachel Zegler was unjustly awarded in a scene about to fall to the edge of the abyss

Conan O’Brien has been tapped as the host of the 97th Academy Awards, and while O’Brien is a consummate performer and comedian and he’s hosted other awards shows like the…

Walt Disney is cruel! The career of the actress who voiced Snow White is almost over

Quick! Who directed the 1950 animated version of “Cinderella?” Did they direct any other movies? Who played the voice of Peter Pan in Disney’s 1953 film version?…

The Prince’s replacement in the 2025 Snow White Live-Action remake is no better than Rachel Zegler

Disney’s Snow White opted for a new male hero in place of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ original prince. Even though Disney replaced Snow White’s prince for the…

Rachel Zegler’s last dream about Snow White was cut short, causing Disney to make a heartbreaking decision

Snow White‘s box office projections are continuing to slip as its release approaches. The upcoming movie is a remake of the 1937 Disney musical, which was the…

Disney’s Snow White and Rachel Zegler just set a new record that may never be broken if THIS HAPPENS

Disney’s live-action remake of Snow White is about to set a record that might never be broken by any other movie. Based on the classic animated film, 2025’s Snow White will re-imagine…

Wicked Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo opened the 2025 Oscars with a SPECIAL gift to fans

The musical opener kicked off with “Over the Rainbow” before segueing to “Home” from “The Wiz,” as well as “Defying Gravity.” The 2025 Oscars were holding space for two…