🚨 Brooklyn Horror: Teen, 17, Gunned Down On New Lots Avenue—Witnesses Saw Two Young Men Flee As Loved Ones Rushed To Mourn
17-Year-Old Gunned Down Inside NYC Business as Loved Ones Gather to Mourn
A 17-year-old boy was shot in the head and killed outside a business in Brooklyn’s East New York neighborhood on Wednesday evening, leaving family and neighbors devastated.

Ahmir Jordan was struck around 8:20 p.m. on New Lots Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the NYPD. The shooting occurred outside a local business in a neighborhood where residents say such violence had been rare in recent years.
Chaos at the Scene
Police said a 35-year-old man who ran into a glass shelf during the incident was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. No other victims were reported.
An older woman, overcome with grief, was seen sobbing behind the crime scene tape in the immediate aftermath. “Why did he have to die before me? I didn’t want him to die before me. Why, oh why?” she cried out.
Loved ones gathered near the scene late into the night, playing gospel music as they mourned. The atmosphere mixed shock, sorrow, and a quiet determination to honor the teenager’s memory.
Neighbors React with Grief and Frustration
A longtime resident of the area, who has lived there for 12 years, said it had “been years” since someone was shot in the neighborhood. Speaking to the New York Post, she declined to give her name but shared a mother’s perspective on the loss.
“No mother should have to bury their child. Especially 17 years old,” she said. “That is heartbreaking. And that’s from one mother to another. Do you know how a mother feels to come outside and have to identify your child? My heart goes out to that family. That’s a baby. He was a baby.”
An employee at a homeless shelter across the street from the shooting said he heard the gunshots from inside the building. “I was inside the shelter and I ducked. Everybody ducked. Then I came outside to see what was going on,” he said. “And I saw two men running down New Lots Avenue. They looked young, like teenagers.”
Investigation Underway
As of Wednesday night, no arrests had been made. Police have not released a description of any suspects or a possible motive. The investigation remains active, with detectives expected to canvass the area for surveillance video, interview witnesses, and pursue any leads generated by the public.
East New York has long struggled with gun violence, though residents noted a period of relative calm in the immediate vicinity of the shooting. The sudden return of gunfire on a weekday evening has left many unsettled.
A Life Cut Short
At 17, Ahmir Jordan was still a teenager — old enough to be navigating the challenges of young adulthood, yet young enough that neighbors instinctively described him as “a baby.” The details of his life, his interests, and his relationships have not yet been fully shared publicly, but the raw grief on display outside the crime scene made clear that he was deeply loved.
For his family, the hours after the shooting brought the unimaginable task of confronting his death on a city street. For the community, the killing serves as another painful reminder of how quickly gun violence can shatter ordinary evenings and ordinary lives.
Police continue to appeal for anyone with information about the shooting to come forward. In a neighborhood still processing the loss, the hope is that witnesses will help bring accountability and, perhaps, a measure of justice for a 17-year-old who should still be alive.